ANNOUNCING OUR NEWEST GROUP!
Horsefeathers is a 12 Step Support Group created for those struggling with a loved one’s mental/behavioral health or substance use disorder(s).
- Monday’s from 6-7:30 pm
- On-going weekly meetings and discussions
- A safe place to share your experience, strength and hope with one another
- $5 drop in fee – no registration necessary
- Coffee/Cocoa provided
Based on the 12-step philosophy, Horsefeathers is conducted by a voluntary chairperson who leads the meeting discussion. The group picks one or two topics for discussion. Meetings are confidential and members take turns sharing their thoughts and experiences on the chosen topic. Our group culture is one of self-disclosure and vulnerability in which participants speak of their own experiences. The purpose of the group is to strengthen our relationship with self, others and a higher power.
The 12 Steps
- We admitted we were powerless over people, places and things – that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to other alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Keep coming back, it works if you work with it!
Hold Your Horses!
Coming April 20th, we have a new class running for 8 weeks for kids ages 8-10 with ADHD called Hold Your Horses!
We will focus each week on a new topic. The topics covered are Respect, Relationships, Trust, Responsibility, Leadership, Honesty, Courage and Kindness.
This group will be at a cost of $320. You can submit a claim to your insurance for reimbursement. We will meet 12pm-1pm for 8 weeks beginning April 20th. This is open to families who receive services from Joey Thompson or one of the therapists in the practice.
Please contact Joey Thompson at SerenityStablestlc@gmail.com to register or with any questions!