Straight from the horse’s mouth!
Serenity Stables Therapeutic Learning Center is a family friendly mental health group practice located in Delaware County specializing in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and other non-traditional and traditional therapeutic services. We may be biased — but we are pretty sure we have the most peaceful counseling offices located on an authentic 1881 horse farm. We believe in being part of positive change in the world, one person at a time (you will see what we mean when you check out our website!).
Honestly, being a private practitioner is not all ponies and puppy dogs — there are some challenges, which is why we developed a wonderfully collaborative group of interdisciplinary professionals who support one another.
Our group practice is looking for professionals who are skills in both holistic and traditional therapies, with a focus on children, adolescents and families. Alternative therapies able to bill insurance are also encouraged to apply i.e. mental health, equine specialists, music, art, massage therapists, OT/PT, trauma informed yoga instructors, personal trainers and/or nutritionist’s.
This is the best gig ever because you can basically make your own hours and set your own fees – bottom line, your the boss of you! If you are seeking a career that can support your household, then this is the “coolest” place ever. And if you are seeking a part-time schedule that can keep you brushed up on your skills and can bring in some extra spending money, it is also the “coolest” place ever.
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
- Our office is located on a beautiful 6 acre horse farm and we work out of an 1881 Farmhouse! Just think of the amazing feeling you will have spending time seeing your clients in this fabulous country setting.
- The work you do is valued! We want practitioners who do great work, bring an enthusiastic attitude, and who want to share fun, fresh and innovative ideas that help school age children and families. You will be working directly for yourself – with the added benefit of building relationships and being supported by other “out of the box” professionals who are living their passion!
- We aren’t big on stress and have no time for drama. So, while we will expect you to serve clients effectively and completing documentation efficiency, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
- The hours are super flexible. We will work with your schedule to get a routine that works for you. Two long days a week best for you? No problem. Rather work mid morning until mid afternoon? Cool, we can do that too.
- You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company, or community agency would ever allow you to do. You will be able to feel GREAT about the work that you do for clients.
- You don’t have to dress up – it’s a farm and we prefer jeans and boots. We know you want to build your own practice and have no doubt your will exhibit professionalism no matter what you choose to wear.
- You don’t need to be skilled at equine therapy or cookouts, but you will likely be doing these things a few times a year in order to promote self-care, get to catch up with one another, and share our experiences as a collaborative team.
- Serenity will support you with marketing, supervision, technology, and office equipment and clinical and professional support.
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements:
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people.
- You need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good.
- You need to be someone with a passion for what you do.
- You need to want control over your work/life balance and income
- You must feel the desire to be someone who wants a sense of community from the work you do.
- You need to enjoy on-going learning and teaching others.
- You will need to be someone who can optimize your time and be responsible for your own productivity.
- You will need to set up an LLC and all that it requires i.e. setting up accounting and banking, a website, get business cards and letting others know where you are practicing.
- You will need to establish all necessary EHR forms, join and maintain an Electronic Health Record (Simple Practice) under the group practice.
- You will need to keep up with any/all CEU’s, credentialing, licensure requirements, and ethics associated with your particular speciality.
- You will need to “give back” by sharing your speciality for 15-30 minutes each quarter to the other group collaborators within Serenity’s group.
- You will need to keep your verbal and written commitments to others.
- You will need to be friendly, trusting, honest, ethical, moral, helpful and solution focused.
- You must be certified, experienced and licensed and in good standing within your profession and of good character in your personal life. (No political, sexual, religious or other extremes in “real life” or your “virtual life.”) Reputation is everything – OURS and YOURS!
Our office is casual but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.
If this opportunity seems to be right up your alley and gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it…we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer:
Serenity Stables Therapeutic Learning Center is looking for:
Full or Part-Time master level LPC/LPCC, LSW/LISW especially those certified/licensed in creative arts including equine, art and/or music therapy who are interested in conducting therapeutic services.
What Serenity Stables TLC offers THE BEST mental health professions:
Opening the doors to Serenity Stables Therapeutic Learning Center to other professional collaborators is the realization of a 2-fold goal.
First, is to create a safe place where client-centered mental health and other wellness professionals work collaboratively and cooperatively – a place for supporting one another and our clients by providing ethical, affordable and convenient services.
Second, is to inspire, encourage and empower other dedicated interdisciplinary professionals who step into their own private practice without the fear of going it alone or undertaking a large financial burden. Here, you can be in a peaceful and serene professional space where your clients can feel safe and comfortable.
Serenity Stables TLC is a values-centric place where clients and clinicians of all races, genders, ethnicities and backgrounds are treated equally, with dignity and respect. Wellness professionals are best able to serve their clients when they feel supported, whether they are new or seasoned practitioners, in getting their practices off to a successful start with shared or full-time furnished offices.
How Serenity helps you with Marketing & Practice Building
Cooperative marketing is an enormous benefit of practicing at Serenity Stables TLC. A portion of your monthly rental is devoted to supporting the marketing efforts including our website. The website is a proven and consistent path for clients to find, contact, and schedule appointments with us.
Your photo, telephone, email, and a more comprehensive description of services will be added to our website at no cost and no further fees for website updates are required as long as you are a member of the Serenity Stables TLC community.
Your name, credentials and contact information are included in our monthly electronic publication detailing all of the professionals at Serenity Stables TLC.
New colleagues at Serenity Stables TLC are encouraged to design their own business cards and an identifier that indicates you are part of the group practice. that are consistent with the marketing design cards can be displayed in the lobby area or in your office.
Training & Support
Because the task of beginning and building a successful private practice is a demanding one, and the process can be isolating, Serenity Stables TLC offers regular opportunities for clinicians to support and learn from one another. Monthly peer consultation / networking groups, facilitated by seasoned mental health professionals, are available at no cost. We enjoy regular social gatherings, and have an ongoing professional book study group. Mini-trainings are offered several times each year.
Mentoring & Supervision
We are grateful to have a credentialed supervisor among our Serenity Stables TLC colleagues who is available to establish formal supervisory relationships with pre-licensed professionals to make the process of moving toward licensure more convenient and affordable. Our supervisor offers particularly low supervision fees to counselors whose fee scale is capped at $60/hr. Some of the seasoned clinicians at Serenity Stables TLC are glad to provide informal mentoring, answer questions and help those new to private practice jump through the necessary hoops (forms, HPPA, guidance on setting fee structures, billing, etc.)
Office & Facility Rental Rates
Every room has a view at Serenity Stables Therapeutic Learning Center! And you will enjoy the quiet, private country setting. Parking on-site is free.
As part of the group practice, all Serenity Stables TLC collaborators have access to the use of the common area spaces including the lobby, client parking, and shared bathroom. All utilities are included which is electricity, water, heat/air conditioning, wireless high speed internet access, trash removal and cable TV.
But wait, there is more…
You receive FREE marketing via inclusion on the Serenitystablestlc.com website! Being part of the SSTLC Group may provide you with potential new referrals, opportunities to participate in open houses and workshops, gaining more exposure to potential clients and networking potential.
Property and Farmhouse/Office House available:
Monday: 8am to 8pm
Tuesday: 8am to 8pm
Wednesday: 8am to 8pm
Thursday: 8am to 8pm
Friday:8am to 4pm
Saturday:8am to 3pm
When you apply for this position in the subject line of the email you must include “I have found my dream job” in the subject line. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position. We are looking to bring our new colleagues on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally.
One thing that will give you a BIG leg up – pun intended, (but is optional) is to send a quick video in along with your resume (in fact, everyone who works here did this). In your video tell us why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock as a therapist (or other mental health interdisciplinary team member) in Serenity’s Group Practice. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.
We can’t wait to meet you!!!
Joey Thompson, M.Ed, LPCC-S, LICDC-S, Licensed School Counselor
Owner/Director Serenity Stables Therapeutic Learning Center